- School of Nursing Application
Touro University California Master of Science in Nursing Application
Thank you for your interest in the School of Nursing at Touro University California. Together with other campuses within the Touro College and University System, Touro University Cailfornia uses an online application system (ApplyYourself) for collection and submission of application materials, including applicant information, application fees, letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts.
Please read the instructions and familiarize yourself with each section before proceeding to the application.
Before proceeding, please download, print, and refer to the application document checklist for your desired degree program:
Create Your ApplyYourself Account
The ApplyYourself system requires that you create a new account for each application, thus, the first step in the application process is to create a new in the ApplyYourself system.
- Visit http://apply.touro.edu and select the CREATE ACCOUNT tab, then enter the requested information (first and last name, email address, date of birth, and zip code).
- Create and enter a case-sensitive password. Note the instructions regarding a mixture of case-sensitive letters and symbols.
- Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button.
- If you previously applied to another Touro program, you may safely ignore the message you receive about a duplicate record and click CONTINUE AND CREATE ACCOUNT. A new record will be created and your previous record will not be deleted.
- A new screen will appear with your ApplyYourself PIN number.
If you wish to proceed immediately to the application:
- Click the LOGIN button
- Click the CONTINUE AND CREATE button.
The PIN number will also be emailed to the address you entered, together with a link to the login screen you may use to login at another time should you be unable to complete the application in one sitting.
Completing the Application
After you have created an account and logged into the system:
- Click the START APPLICATION button
- If you are returning to complete an in-progress application, you will click the EDIT APPLICATION button.
Required items are designated with an asterisk (*) and the application cannot be submitted until all required items have been provided.
Enter the requested personal information.
For the application questions listed below, please enter responses exactly as indicated in these instructions. Failure to do so may make further sections of the application inaccessible.
- From the LOCATION drop down menu, select TOURO UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA. If you do not select the correct campus, you will not have access to the correct academic options.
- From the SCHOOL/COLLEGE TO WHICH YOU WISH TO APPLY drop down menu, select the appropriate college based upon the degree program for which you will be applying:
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences (COM)
- College of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences: emphasis Pharmacy Studies
- College of Education and Health Sciences
- Joint Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies/Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health
- From the DEGREE PROGRAM/LOCATION FOR WHICH YOU WISH TO APPLY drop down menu, select the specific degree program for which you will be applying.
- For MATRICULATION STATUS: ARE YOU SEEKING A DEGREE? select YES.
- For MAJOR/DEPARTMENT, selection the appropriate major. This will likely be the same as DEGREE PROGRAM selected above.
- For ENTRY YEAR AND TERM, select the appropriate year and term.
- For DO YOU INTEND TO PURSUE YOUR DEGREE TOTALLY ONLINE? select YES for Innovative Learning; select NO for all other programs.
- For ARE YOU PLANNING TO USE THE TOURO DORMITORY? leave the response box blank (TUC does not have a dormitory option).
- From the ENTERING AS drop down, select FIRST-YEAR PROFESSIONAL STUDENT for Osteopathic Medicine and Pharmacy; select NEW GRADUATE STUDENT for all other programs.
- For DO YOU PLAN TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID? select YES or NO.
- For DO YOU PLAN TO BE A FULL-TIME STUDENT? select YES.
Provide all other information in this section as requested.
Please respond to each of the questions in this section. Please be certain to read the question regarding criminal history very carefully before responding.
Contact InformationPlease enter in the required contact information.
Provide contact information for a person who can be reached on your behalf in the event of an emergency. In this section you will also be asked to provide information for each of your parents. Touro University California occasionally seeks the involvement of parents in governance and advisory boards, projects of the parent's network, and support. Providing this information is voluntary.
Post-Secondary Academic Record
- Enter the requested information for all colleges/universities you attended, including, but not limited to, the college/university
from which you earned your degree(s). Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript
for each entry.
- Your application should not be submitted without transcripts from all schools attended as the application will not be considered complete without them.
- If you attended a school outside of the United States, upload a copy of the official transcript evaluation.
- To locate your school(s) using the search function, first enter the two letter abbreviation
for the state in which your school is located, then click search. Select your school
from the list of schools in that State.
- When entering credit hours, note that credit hours must be rounded to the nearest tenth (e.g., 70.58 becomes 70.6, 70 becomes 70.0).
- For the Degree Earned field, please include the degree level (BA, BS, MA, etc.) and major (Biology, Psychology, etc.). Enter N/A if no degree was earned.
- In this section, you may also provide information regarding any professional certifications, credentials, etc.
TUC Supplemental Questions
This section will not appear until you select TOURO UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA in the ACADEMIC PLAN section above.
The School of Nursing requires additional questions not included in the basic system application. Download the appropriate document for your desired academic option (ADN to BSN or BSN to MSN), draft responses to the additional questions, then upload your responses.
If you received a fee waiver from your primary application service (AACOMAS, PharmCAS,
CASPA, or SOPHAS) you are not required to pay the secondary application fee. Email
a copy of that fee waiver to email@example.com to obtain a waiver code.
If you have a fee waiver, do not pay the application fee. Once paid, the application fee will not be refunded even if you present a valid fee waiver.
The School of Nursing requires a minimum of two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a current or previous nursing supervisor. The application will not be considered complete until all required letters have been submitted. To request letters of recommendation, do the following:
You should only use this section if you are inviting your letter writers to submit
their letters through the ApplyYourself system. If your letters are being submitted
through Interfolio or if they are being submitted directly from the letter writer
to TUC, do not enter their information; Doing so will delay the processing of your
If a Committee letter/packet is being submitted on your behalf, you should include contact information for the person responsible for sending the letter/packet.
- Click the RECOMMENDATION PROVIDER LIST button.
- Click the ADD A RECOMMENDER button.
- Insert the name and contact information for each reference.
- For DIVISION OR PROGRAM, select ALL OTHER TOURO SCHOOLS AND PROGRAMS.
- Joint MSPAS/MPH applicants only - you will select TOURO UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM.
- DO YOU WISH TO WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO EXAMINE THIS LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION? We recommend selecting YES for this option, otherwise, your letter writers may not feel as though they can provide as much detail as expected.
- WILL THIS PROVIDER BE SUBMITTING THE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION ONLINE? You must select YES for this option; TUC will not accept paper letters.
- Once the recommendation provider information is saved, an email will be sent to the online recommendation provider with an access code and instructions on how to proceed with the online recommendation.
- When the recommendation provider submits the form to our office it will become a part of your application.
- You can view the status of your online recommendations each time you log into your application account.
Please note the following:
- Your Recommendations will automatically be matched to your application upon submission.
- The access code is valid for 180 days from the date you input and save their information.
- To complete the Recommendation online, a Recommendation provider must have a valid email address.
- If you would like to send a reminder, check the box next to his/her name and click on the RESEND button. This will automatically generate a reminder email.
Check Your Application, Then Submit
- Click on the CHECK YOUR APPLICATION section to verify that the minimum required information/documents have been provided. Any missing information/documents will be noted and you will not be able to submit until they are provided. When all information/items are provided, you may click on the CONTINUE TO SUBMISSION button. Follow the instructions to pay the application fee and submit your application. Your application cannot be submitted until the application fee is paid. You will receive a confirmation email when your application is submitted.
- Important Note: Once submitted, you can edit your profile information (e.g., email address) but you cannot change anything else within the application. Make absolutely certain all information is correct before you submit your application.
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed for completeness by the Office of Admissions. Any missing items will be communicated to you. After all application materials have been received, applications are reviewed by the Admissions and Standards Committee. Decisions are typically rendered within two weeks. Thank you for your application to the TUC School of Nursing!
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.