- Rain Plan FAQs
This document covers questions directly relating to the changes in venue due inclement weather. Additional, non-venue specific information remains as written in the original programmatic FAQ’s:
Why is the university implementing a rain plan?
As an outdoor venue, the Grove is susceptible to the vagaries of the weather. While there is some minor disagreement with local forecasts, all agree that up to moderate rainfall is now expected on each of the five days immediately preceding commencement, as well as on both commencement days to some degree. This rainfall will render the Grove unusable as a commencement venue.
What is the address and location for the new venue?
Commencement will now be held on the Fairfield, California campus of Solano Community College (SCC), at 4000 Suisun Valley Road, Fairfield, CA, 94534. The ceremonies will take place inside the SCC Gym, also known as Building 1700A.
Will all programs be holding their commencement on the Solano Community College campus?
Excluding the COM Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences (MS-COM) program, ceremonies for all other TUC programs and colleges will be held on the SCC campus at their originally scheduled start times and days:
- College of Pharmacy – Sunday, May 19th, at 10:00 am
- College of Education and Health Sciences – Sunday, May 19th, at 5:00 pm
- College of Osteopathic Medicine – Monday, May 20th, at 10:30 am
The MS-COM program ceremony will be held on the TUC campus, inside the Lander Hall Auditorium, on Monday, May 20th, at 10:30 am. MS-COM students should contact Donna Fyfe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
By what time will graduates need to arrive?
Graduates will arrive at least two hours prior to the start time of their respective ceremony:
- College of Pharmacy graduates arrive at 8:00 am
- College of Education and Health Sciences graduates arrive at 3:00 pm
- College of Osteopathic Medicine graduates arrive at 8:00 am
Where will graduates report?
All graduates will report to Building 1700, Room 1740, on the East side of the building, nearest the tennis courts.
Is parking available for graduates and their guests?
Yes. The University has reserved free parking in lots 5 and 6 on the SCC campus. In the unlikely event those lots fill, additional parking is available in any open numbered lot on the SCC campus at the rate of $1.00 per day. Parking passes may be purchased at one of the yellow kiosks. Vehicles parked in the paid parking lots without a paid daily parking permit may be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
By what time should my guests plan to arrive?
Doors to the venue (Building 1700) will open to the general public no earlier than one hour prior to the ceremony start time:
- College of Pharmacy – doors will open at 9:00 am
- College of Education and Health Sciences – doors will open at 4:00 pm
- College of Osteopathic Medicine – doors will open at 9:30 am
Are tickets required? From whom will I obtain tickets?
Unlike in the Grove Amphitheatre, where tickets were not required because seating was unlimited, seating within the SCC gymnasium is by the Fire Marshall. For this reason, each guest, including Guest Hooders and children of any age, will be required to have a ticket.
To obtain tickets, graduates will need to contact their commencement ceremony coordinators:
- College of Pharmacy: Dr. Rolly Kali-Rai, email@example.com
- College of Education and Health Sciences: Ms. Sharon Chesney, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Jennifer Pimentel, email@example.com
- College of Osteopathic Medicine: Dr. Teresita Menini, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Arielle Vale, email@example.com
Is live streaming available for any family or friends who may not be able to attend?
Each ceremony will be streamed online. To access the stream, please click on one of the following links:
- College of Pharmacy: http://studentservices.tu.edu/other/cop2019_livestream.html
- College of Education and Health Sciences: http://studentservices.tu.edu/other/cehs2019_livestream.html
- College of Osteopathic Medicine: http://studentservices.tu.edu/other/com2019_livestream.html
Will my guests be able to take photos during commencement?
Due to limited space, guests will not be permitted to approach the stage area for photos. A professional photographer will be present to take class photos and to take individual photos as each graduate crosses the stage. An individual photo backdrop will be available for personal use following the ceremony. Please discourage your family members and guests from disrupting the ceremony by trying to get near to the stage and, processional, hooding, and/or recessional lines.
From where may I pick up regalia? To where should I return it following the ceremony?
If at all possible, we strongly recommend that you arrange to pick up regalia from the Registrar’s office (690 Walnut Avenue, Suite 200) prior to 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 16th. Regalia may also be picked up prior to your ceremony from Building 1700, Room 1738, though limited space and your unfamiliarity with the location may make this difficult and will require more time.
Regalia will be returned to Building 1700, Room 1738, up to one hour following the close of your ceremony.
What accommodations are available for guests with disabilities?
Disabled parking spaces are available throughout the Solano Community College campus for guests with disabled persons parking placards. Seating for guests with disabilities is available on the gym floor level.
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.