All applicants, including graduates from foreign institutions, must hold either US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status at the time of application. Candidates with "pending" citizenship or permanent residency will not be considered.
Minimum Academic Requirements
The Touro University California College of Pharmacy screens for interview eligibility based off of the primary primary (PharmCAS) application and letters of recommendation. Minimum Science and Cumulative GPA's of 2.75 are required. In cases where either the cumulative or science GPA's fall below 2.75, the Admissions Committee will conduct a secondary review focusing on the most recent 30 units comprised of Chemistry, Biology, and other Physical Sciences coursework.
The PCAT is not required.
All candidates are required to have obtained a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to the start of the Class for which they are applying.
Throughout the application process, candidates are evaluated based upon a variety of criteria, including the following:
- Academic Competence
- Personal/Professional Achievements
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Exposure to/Experience in Pharmacy
Minimum Course Requirements
Candidates for admission to the College of Pharmacy are required to complete the following coursework with a grade of "C" or better:
- 8 semester/12 quarter units of General Chemistry with lab (may be any combination General, Inorganic, Physical, or Environmental Chemistry courses)
- 8 semester/12 quarter units of Organic Chemistry with lab (4 semester units of Biochemistry may be substituted for the second semester of Organic Chemistry)
- 4 semester/6 quarter units of Human Anatomy/Physiology (combined course) with lab OR one course each of Human Anatomy and Human Physiology with lab required for Physiology only.
- 4 semester/6 quarter units of Microbiology with lab
- 3 semester units of Calculus
Though not required, a Biochemistry course is recommended for additional academic preparation.
All required coursework must be completed prior to the start of classes. Candidates missing required coursework at the time of application may be permitted to proceed provisionally in the application process, provided they meet all other requirements. Candidates are informed of this provisional status via email sent with the invitation to interview.
Additional Requirement for Graduate of Foreign Institutions
The Touro University - California College of Pharmacy considers applications from graduates of foreign institutions. The College does not, however, evaluate foreign transcripts. Transcripts and coursework from foreign institutions must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation agency. Evaluations must be sent directly to PharmCAS and must indicate that the foreign degree should be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US institution.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Touro University - California accepts advanced placement credit as long as such credit appears on the undergraduate transcript and indicates either specific subject credit (e.g. General Chemistry - 4 units) or specific course credit (e.g. Chem 101 - 4 units). General advanced placement credit without such specifications is not accepted.
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.