Public Health Program Admissions
The Touro University California Public Health Program seeks to promote the health and well-being of local and global communities through education, service, and research, with a focus on under-served populations. Several options are available for those who wish to embrace this mission and apply for entrance into the Public Health Program:
- Master of Public Health (MPH). This is the main option for those who wish to enter the challenging and rewarding field of Public Health. Some candidates may also choose this option to add depth to their portfolio with the goal of applying to other health professions programs at some point in the future. Candidates apply through SOPHAS for this option.
- Visiting Student. This option is designed for those who wish to take a few classes, without a full commitment, to determine whether or not they wish to continue to one of the other options. Visiting Students are permitted to enroll in up to 12 units, after which time they must either apply for entrance (and be admitted) into one of the other options or withdraw from the Program. Candidates apply through SOPHAS for this option.
- Joint Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies/Master of Public Health (MSPAS/MPH). This option combines the Physician Assistant and Public Health curricula into one, 33 month long program. Candidates apply through the Joint MSPAS/MPH program for this option.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine/Master of Public Health dual degree. This option allows students in the College of Osteopathic Medicine to concurrently earn a Master of Public Health degree with very little extra time added onto the four years required for the medical degree. Candidates first apply for and get accepted into the College of Osteopathic Medicine, then submit a direct application through the TUC ApplyYourself system. No application fee is required. Start dates for dual degree students are restricted to the summer term.
- Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Public Health dual degree. This option allows students in the College of Pharmacy to earn a Master of Public Health with very little extra time added onto the four years required for the pharmacy degree. Candidates first apply for and get accepted into the College of Pharmacy, then submit a direct application through the TUC ApplyYourself system. No application fee is required. Start dates for dual degree students are restricted to the summer term.
- Invitational MPH. This option is available, by invitation only, to those who previously applied but did not get accepted into another TUC academic program (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, or Physician Assistant Studies) and who wish to enroll in the Public Health Program to broaden their health care knowledge and improve upon their academic portfolio. Invited candidates submit a direct application through the TUC ApplyYourself system. No application fee is required.
- Re-Admission. This option is available to those who previously enrolled but chose to discontinue their studies. This applies to any MPH student who has not attended classes for 1 calendar year or longer. Applicants for Re-Admission submit a direct application through the TUC ApplyYourself system. No application fee is required. Applicants for re-admission must contact Ms. Naisha Bible (email@example.com) before accessing the application to confirm which sections of the application may be skipped.
College of Pharmacy Open House
Friday, October 20th
10:00 am to 4:00 pm (PDT)
College Campus Visits
TUC recruiters will be attending the following events. Drop by and say hello!
Attendance at some events may be limited to students of the host school/organization. Please contact the host school or review their website for full details prior to attending any of these events.
September 23rd - Morning Stars Conference
October 4th - St. Mary's
October 7th - PreSOMA Multi-COM (Philadelphia AOA Convention)
October 10th - CSU East Bay Osteopathic Medicine Symposium
October 13th - CSU Sacramento Multi-COM
October 14th - UC Davis Pre-Health Fair
October 16th - UC Berkeley Multi-COM
October 17th - University of San Diego Grad School Fair
October 18th - UC San Diego Grad School Fair
October 25th - CSU Channel Islands Grad School Fair
October 26th - UC Santa Cruz Grad School Fair
November 1st - UC Riverside Grad School Fair
November 7th - UC Irvine Grad School Fair
November 11th - UCI LMSA/SNMA Conference
November 1st to 4th - ABRCMS Conference
December 1st - Rocky Vista Multi-COM
Touro University California does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, veteran status, or any other status characteristic protected by applicable laws in employment, or in admission, treatment or access to educational programs or activities.
To the extent provided by law, the university will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities which meet the legal standards for documentation, whenever the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position and meet the academic program technical standards.
This notice is given pursuant to the requirements of Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Clery Act of 1998. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. Please note that contact information listed here is for discrimination inquiries only. Please contact the Office of Admissions for admissions related inquiries.
Director of Human Resources and Title IX Coordinator
Dean of Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Student Affairs
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.