Admissions Requirements

Citizenship Requirement

All applicants, including graduates from foreign institutions, must hold either US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status at the time of application.  DACA recipients and candidates with "pending" citizenship or permanent residency cannot be considered.

Minimum Academic Requirements

The MSMHS-COP program screens for interview eligibility based on the information contained in/included with the PharmGrad application and letters of recommendation.  A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required but priority consideration will be given to applicants with cumulative GPA's of 2.60 or higher.  In cases where the cumulative GPA falls below 2.5, the Admissions Committee will conduct a secondary review focusing on the applicant's previous exposure to science-related topics and extra-curricular activities.  All candidates are required to have obtained a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to the first day of mandatory orientation. 

Throughout the application process, candidates are evaluated based upon a variety of criteria, including the following:

  • Academic Competence
  • Personal/Professional Achievements
  • Written Communication Skills
  • Verbal Communication Skills
  • Exposure to/Experience in Research

Minimum Course (Pre-Requisite) Requirements

Researchers come from a variety of backgrounds.  For this reason, applicants to this program are not required to complete any specific coursework.  It is expected, however, that applicants will have a foundational understanding of basic scientific principles and methods.

Please note:  If you ultimately plan to apply for entrance into the College of Pharmacy Doctor of Pharmacy program, you will be expected to satisfy all academic requirements for that program. 

Additional Requirement for Graduates of Foreign Institutions

The Touro University California College of Pharmacy considers applications from graduates of foreign institutions.  The College does not, however, evaluate foreign transcripts. Transcripts and coursework from foreign institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. (WES).

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

Touro University California accepts advanced placement credit as long as such credit appears on the undergraduate transcript and indicates either specific subject credit (e.g. General Chemistry - 4 units) or specific course credit (e.g. Chem 101 - 4 units). General advanced placement credit without such specifications is not accepted.