Master of Science in Nursing
The Touro University California Master of Science in Nursing program will consider granting transfer credit for previously completed coursework according to the following guidelines:
- A minimum of 2/3 of the units required for the Master of Science in Nursing degree must be completed at Touro University California.
- A written request for transfer credit must be submitted with the application for admission.
- The request must include the official course number, name, and course description of each course to be transferred.
- Official or unofficial transcripts must be provided for each course. If accepted, official transcripts will be required prior to matriculation.
- Coursework is not automatically transferable from another institution of higher learning
to Touro University California:
- Each course must have been completed with a grade of C or better.
- Transferred coursework must be equivalent in content and level to the Touro coursework being waived.
- Transferred coursework must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Upon receipt, the School of Nursing will review the request for transfer credit and transcripts. Approved credit will be recorded on Transfer Credit form, which will be signed by the School of Nursing, the applicant, and the University Registrar.
- Please note that transfer credit will not be considered official (e.g., added to the student record) until the Transfer Credit form is signed by all parties.
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Transfer Credit for TUC Master of Science in Nursing Students
Three courses in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program are also offered in the Master of Science in Nursing program:
- NRSC 7 – Advanced Physical Assessment (3 units)
- NRSC 8 – Advanced Pathophysiology (3 units)
- NRSC 9 – Advanced Pharmacology (3 units)
Doctor of Nursing Practice program students will be given transfer credit for any of these courses previously completed as part of the TUC Master of Science in Nursing program.
Transfer Credit for Clinical/Practicum Hours
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program requires a total of 1,000 clinical hours. Students who previously completed a Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution may request transfer credit for up to 370 clinical hours by uploading a Request for Clinical Hour Transfer Credit form with the admissions application. Clinical/practicum hours must also be verified by one of the following, which will also be uploaded with the application:
- Un-Official transcript. Clinical/practicum hours must be clearly identified. An official transcript will be required prior to matriculation.
- Syllabi for clinical/practicum courses. Hours must be clearly identified.
- Letter from Program Director or representative, verifying clinical/practicum hours.
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.