Complete the Application
Application instructions and a link to the on-line application may be found by visiting the School of Nursing application page. To complete and submit your application, you will need the following:
- Two letters of recommendation. Within the application, you will provide the names and email addresses for at least two individuals from whom you will request letters of recommendation. One must be a current or former supervisor. Letters of recommendation are used for admissions purposes only and do not become part of the official academic record.
- Scanned copy of your Registered Nursing license, to be uploaded with the application.
- Scanned/Electronic version of your current Resume or Curriculum Vitae, to be uploaded with the application.
- Scanned/Electronic transcripts from all colleges/universities you've attended, to be uploaded with the application. Official transcripts will subsequently be required if accepted into the program.
- $50.00 application fee, payable by credit/debit card only.
Please review the deadlines posted on our Application Deadlines page.
Representatives of the Admissions Committee will review the files of all candidates who submitted all required materials prior to the posted deadlines to determine whether or not they should be accepted into the program. Criteria used will include, but will not be limited to academic performance, professional experience, and fit-to-mission.
Decisions will be rendered within two weeks of submission of all application materials and candidates may be accepted, assigned to the wait list, or denied. After initial Offers of Admission have been made, additional offers will be made to candidates assigned to the wait list as needed to fill vacancies in the cohort. Accepted candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $500.00 to secure their seat in the cohort.
Multiple Deposit Policy
Applicants to Touro University California (TUC) may also choose to apply to and submit seat deposits for other programs located within TUC or the greater Touro College and University System (TCUS). TUC applicants who have deposits at one or more TUC or other TCUS programs will be given until April 15th (for Summer starts) or June 1st (for Fall starts) to decide which program they wish to attend and will be required to withdraw from all other TUC/TCUS program to which they have deposited. TUC applicants who are accepted and who submit seat deposits after April 15th (for Summer starts) or June 1st (for Fall starts) will be required to immediately withdraw from any other TUC/TCUS program to which they have deposited.
New Student Sessions
New students will be required to attend one of several New Student Sessions, during which time they will participate in a campus tour, register for classes, and receive information on financial aid, curriculum, books, supplies, and much more. These sessions are held in the evenings from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
The MSN program requires specific immunizations which cannot be waived. In addition, a background check is required prior to matriculation to verify eligibility for clinical rotations. For further information regarding these requirements, please refer to our Post-Acceptance Requirements page.
Admissions Office Correspondence with Candidates
Unless otherwise noted, all correspondence is conducted via email. Please be certain that you are able to receive emails from @tu.edu addresses and be sure to monitor your junk mail folder for errant messages.
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.