- TUC Student Affairs Orientation
University Orientation - Be the Change you want TU-C!!
Welcome New Students!
We are excited to have you join us at TUC for what we know will be an incredible experience. You have chosen to be part of an institution that is not only committed to your success, but one that will provide you with a dynamic and practice-ready education, one that will you encourage you to be part of and serve our local community, and one who will challenge and support you as you become a leader both personally and professionally. While doing so, you will have a chance to connect with other students in one of our many student club/organizations and become friends with others outside your academic program when you participate in the different programs and social events held throughout the year.
Since starting classes at a new institution can be challenging so we have developed the following list to help you navigate the process, review important dates and requirements, and to answer your questions. As you start to get ready for the Fall semester, please take a moment to review the following. Note that attendance at August orientation is required for all students. All times are listed PDT.
- New Student Checklist: The very first thing you should do is visit and bookmark the New Student Checklist at: http://studentservices.tu.edu/registrar/New.student.clist.html. This checklist includes required and recommended administrative items you will need to address prior to your first term here at Touro University California, including immunizations, financial aid, and registration. If you have questions about any of the checklist items, use the contact information provided in the list.
- Touro Community Campfires: Throughout the month of July, please join us for a series of fun and informative activities that will take place every Thursday evening. These Zoom programs will give you a great way to meet other new TUC students, get some important information, answer any questions you may have, and have some fun along the way. New students will be sent Zoom meeting invites to join in on the fun starting in early July.
- New Student Website: All new students must visit the TUC New Student Website and complete all modules by no later than July 31st, 2020. This website contains information
that you will need to familiarize yourself with prior to the start of the Fall semester,
including the many University offices and resources available to you as well as important
guidelines/expectations from your specific academic program. You will have the opportunity
to review all the material on this website throughout the month of July and then at
your leisure thereafter. We expect that your review will not take you more than three
- August Orientation: At the August Orientation, you will have a chance to virtually meet University
leaders, your faculty, and your fellow students. All orientation sessions will be
conducted over Zoom and will be designed to be engaging and informative. While more
information on the virtual sessions will be coming soon, please find your academic
program below and place the appropriate orientation dates/times on your calendar.
Note that all times are PDT.
- Students within the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM), College of Pharmacy (COP),
Physician Assistant Program, Public Health Program, Nursing Program, and the Masters
of Science in Medical Health Sciences programs:
- August 2, 2020: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- August 2, 2020: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (voluntary fun activities)
- Students within the Administrative Services Credentials Program:
- August 9, 2020: 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Students within the Teaching Credential Programs (Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Educational Specialist, Preliminary Administrative
Services, and Clear Induction Administrative Services):
- August 20, 2020: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Students within the Masters of Arts Programs (Applied Behavior Analysis, Teaching and Learning, Teaching Mathematics, and Special
Education) and the Masters of Education (Innovative Learning, Educational Leadership, and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive
- August 20, 2020: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Students within the Masters of Education Innovative Learning Program:
- Orientation date and times are not yet available, please contact your program director for more information.
- Students within the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM), College of Pharmacy (COP), Physician Assistant Program, Public Health Program, Nursing Program, and the Masters of Science in Medical Health Sciences programs:
- 2020 Fall Semester Classes Begin: Except for the students in the Graduate School of Education, Fall semester classes will begin on Tuesday, August 4th or on Wednesday, August 5th (depending upon whether or not your individual program offers a third day of orientation specifically dedicated to the program). Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Fall semester will consist of a combination of remote and hybrid courses that best fits the learning outcomes of your academic program. This means is that some of our programs/classes may be fully remote while other programs/classes may be in a hybrid format (classes being on-line with short periods of time in the classroom on the TUC campus). Your academic program will be in direct communication with you to with the Fall semester specifics so you can finalize your fall living arrangements as necessary.
Once again, we are excited to have you join the TUC community as you start the next phase of your academic career. While we are ready to welcome and support you with outstanding faculty, staff, and support services, a strong curriculum, and excellent programs/services, we also realize that changes in life can be both challenging and exciting. We believe your time at TUC will be a chance for you to not only learn how to help and educate others, but to also a time for you lay a foundation for your future. Please know that we will be here for you throughout your time at TUC (and afterwards) and are looking helping you discover how to “Be the Change you want TU-C”!
If you have any questions or need more information, please be sure to let us know. We looking forward to seeing you in August!!!
Student Affairs/University Services Videos
Each of the videos/presentations linked below provide important information about the various services available to you here at Touro University California. If, after viewing the videos, you have questions about specific services, please contact us directly and we'll happily assist you!
Academic Support Services
Student Diversity and Inclusion
Student Health Services
University Advancement Office
Housing Support Services
Copyright 2005 - 2019, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.