Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certification (FNPGC)
The Touro University California Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certification (FNPGC) program is a 30 unit course of study which begins every Spring and Summer term.
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the FNP certification exam through either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANP). Additional program information may be found by visiting http://cehs.tu.edu/nursing/postgradcertificate.
Want more information? Please fill out our University Interest Form and a representative will contact you!
Ready to apply? The sections below will provide you with all of the information you need to submit your application!
Two Entry Terms
The FNPGC program offers two different entry terms, depending upon eligibility for transfer credit. To determine the entry point for which you may qualify, we invite you to contact the School of Nursing directly, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Start (January 2022)
The Spring start is for graduates of regionally accredited MSN programs who are not eligible for all of the transfer credits mentioned below though limited transfer credit may still be available. Please refer to the Transfer Credit section below for details.
Summer Start (June 2022)
The Summer start is for graduates of regionally accredited MSN programs who have completed the following courses within five years of the date of expected matriculation. For the Summer 2022 start, these courses must have been completed after January 1, 2017:
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
To receive credit for these courses, a completed Request for Transfer Credit form must be uploaded in the documents section of the NursingCAS application.
All applications to the Touro University California School of Nursing are submitted through the Central Application Service for Nursing (NursingCAS). Please read through all of the material on this page prior to accessing the NursingCAS application to assure you have assembled all required information and materials.
To access and complete the application:
- Visit the NursingCAS website
- Select "Spring 2022" or "Summer 2022" as indicated above
- Click on "Apply"
- Sign in or create an account
- After creating an account/logging in, click on the "Add Program" tab, search for Touro University California, then select the FNP Graduate Certificate (FNPGC) program
- Click on the "My Application" tab, then work through the four sections of the application
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- Supporting Information
- Program Materials
- Click on the "Submit Application" tab and follow the instructions to submit your application
Important School Entry and Transcript Information: Before your application can be considered complete, NursingCAS requires that you enter information and unofficial transcripts for all schools you have attended. After submission of your NursingCAS application, Touro will only require official transcripts as indicated on our website.
Applications must be submitted to and verified by NursingCAS by no later than December 1, 2021 (Spring term) or May 15, 2022 (Summer term).
A Master of Science Degree in Nursing is required. Your degree must be earned from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent (see Graduates of Foreign Institutions section below) and must be completed prior to the first day of mandatory orientation. All Master's level coursework must be completed with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Professional Licensure and Experience
Current, unencumbered California state Registered Nursing licensure is required prior to application. One year of full-time nursing practice is required. Experiences must be documented in a Curriculum Vitae or Resume and must be verifiable.
Individuals who have met all application requirements and permanently reside in the United States at the time of application, inclusive of DACA recipients, are permitted to apply and matriculate at Touro University California. Currently, TUC does not accept international students.
Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid is limited to US Citizens and US Permanent Residents. Candidates applying without US Citizenship or Permanent Residency are strongly encouraged to explore financing options before proceeding with the application process. Additional information may be viewed by visiting the Eligibility Requirements section of the Financial Aid website.
Applicants to this program are required to upload unofficial transcripts via NursingCAS for the following institutions:
- Institution which granted (or will grant) the Master of Science in Nursing Degree. For graduates of foreign institutions, this will be the official transcript evaluation of those transcripts.
- Institutions attended following completion of the MSN degree for any additional health related degree programs and coursework.
- International Transcript Evaluation (if applicable).
- If the evaluation is available at the time of submission, it should be uploaded with the NursingCAS application; otherwise, it should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions. Refer to Graduates of Foreign Institutions below for details.
Transcripts must be uploaded as PDF documents in the Academic History section of the application and they must be legible. Screen shots, photos, or any other document types will not be accepted and will cause the application to be delayed.
Transcripts must document completion (or pending completion) of the requisite degrees(s). Transcripts from non-health related degree programs are not required and should not be submitted. If accepted into the program, official transcripts will be required.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required from the following sources:
- Current or previous nursing supervisor
- Master’s or Doctoral level RN (Advanced Practice Nurse preferred)
- Professional Colleague (RN, NP, MD, DO, PA, or nursing Faculty member)
Transfer Credit from other Nursing Programs
The Touro University California FNPGC program will consider granting up to 11 units of transfer credit for Advanced Physical Assessment (3 units), Advanced Pharmacology (3 units), Advanced Pathophysiology (3 units), and Epidemiology and Population Statistics (2 units) according to the following requirements:
- Courses must have been completed within 5 years of the anticipated date of matriculation
- Complete an online diagnostic reasoning test for the 3P's with a pass score of 80% or better
- A completed Request for Transfer Credit form must be uploaded within the Documents section of the NursingCAS application.
- Coursework is not automatically transferable from another institution of higher learning
to Touro University California:
- Each course must have been completed with a grade of 80% (B) or better.
- Transferred coursework must be equivalent in content and level to the Touro coursework being waived.
- Transferred coursework must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Upon receipt, the School of Nursing will review the request for transfer credit and transcripts. Approved credit will be recorded on the Transfer Credit form, which will be signed by the School of Nursing, the applicant, and the University Registrar.
Please note that transfer credit will not be considered official (e.g., added to the student record) until the Transfer Credit form is signed by all parties.
Graduates and Students of Foreign Institutions
Graduates and students of foreign institutions are invited to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility requirements provided above. Degrees and coursework completed outside the United States must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service. Details regarding Touro University California requirements for Graduates and Students of Foreign Institutions may be found on our Graduates and Students of Foreign Institutions page.
NursingCAS maintains a direct integration with World Education Services, Inc, the preferred evaluation agency of Touro University California, which enables electronic transmission of your evaluation directly to NursingCAS. If you wish, you may use one of the other two TUC approved evaluation agencies listed via the link above. Directions for requesting/submitting your evaluation to Nursing CAS may be found under the Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts section of the NursingCAS help center (accessing the help center requires an applicant account).
Representatives of the Admissions Committee review the applications of all candidates who submit all required materials prior to the posted deadline to determine whether or not they should be accepted into the program. Selection criteria include, but are not limited to academic performance, professional experience, and fit-to-mission.
Applications are reviewed and decisions rendered within two weeks following receipt and verification of all application materials. Candidates may be accepted, assigned to the wait list, or denied. After initial Offers of Admission have been made, additional offers will be made to candidates assigned to the wait list as needed to fill vacancies in the cohort. Accepted candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $500.00 to secure their seat in the cohort.
Multiple Deposit Policy
Applicants to Touro University California (TUC) may also choose to apply to and submit seat deposits for other programs located within TUC or the greater Touro College and University System (TCUS). TUC applicants who have deposits at one or more TUC or other TCUS programs will be given until April 15th (for Summer starts) or June 1st (for Fall starts) to decide which program they wish to attend and will be required to withdraw from all other TUC/TCUS program to which they have deposited. TUC applicants who are accepted and who submit seat deposits after April 15th (for Summer starts) or June 1st (for Fall starts) will be required to immediately withdraw from any other TUC/TCUS program to which they have deposited.
The MSN program requires specific immunizations which cannot be waived. In addition, a background check is required prior to matriculation to verify eligibility for clinical rotations. For further information regarding these requirements, please refer to our Post-Acceptance Requirements page.
Admissions Office Correspondence with Candidates
Unless otherwise noted, all correspondence is conducted via email. Please be certain that you are able to receive emails from @tu.edu addresses and be sure to monitor your junk mail folder for errant messages.
The Office of Admissions will be operating with reduced staffing between December 20th and January 3rd. During this time, responses to emails and phone calls may be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.